12/2/11

Back on the Plan

One of my Pen & Ink Pictures
Ray and I went to Kentucky for the week of Thanksgiving. Needless to say, we did not stay on the plan. The difference was we didn't overeat like we normally do. We ate one plate at Thanksgiving. When we got home, Ray had maintained his weight.

I, however, lost three pounds. I went in to get my Protime done today because I am on Coumadin. They always check my weight, heart rate, and blood pressure, so I am using their scales for my official weight. The weight is put into my medical records. That makes a total of 26 lbs. since we started. Ray has lost 37 lbs.

We are back on the plan. We ate cheese and pork rinds in the car coming home from Kentucky. We stopped and Ray got a hamburger and a salad for me at Wendy's. He only ate one piece of bread and I couldn't eat the whole salad. It had chicken in it and was a good salad. I love being able to use regular salad dressing.  I love being able to eat butter. The only thing I really don't like is 'no bread'.

I have learned to make roll-ups with ham or turkey, and cheese. I buy the pack of cheese slices that has 4 different cheeses to make a variety. Sometimes I add a little mayonnaise or Grey Poupon Mustard on the inside. Sometimes I mix the mustard and mayonnaise to make a little dip for the roll-ups.

I have been buying frozen stir-fry vegetables to put in my soups. Sometimes I take a couple of chicken breasts and put them in the slow cooker with a little olive oil and a whole onion sliced up. I put some salt and pepper. When the chicken is almost done, I take it out and cut into smaller pieces or shred it with forks. I put in about 4-6 cups of water and 4 bouillon cubes (chicken or beef depending on what I use for the meat). Sometimes I will add garlic or another spice that I think might  change it up some. The stir-fry veggies make for a good flavor in the soup. When it is almost ready, I add a can of diced tomatoes. Sometimes I add 1 oz. of cream cheese or some cheddar cheese (or both). I try not to eat more than 2 cups. No crackers. That is difficult, because I really love crackers in soup.

If you are just reading this, or if you are trying to top our weight loss, let me know. Leave a comment, join the discussion. You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to, just share your experience. Or if you want to Be a guest blogger on this site. We would love to have you share your story. Take care, and Low Carb happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter comments.